Viega MegaPressG with an HNBR sealing element is the first press fitting system for carbon steel pipe approved for use in gas and fuel oil applications. Viega MegaPressG is ideal for industrial, commercial and residential applications and performs well in both new installations and retrofit projects. Tested to the strictest standards in North America, Viega MegaPressG joins carbon steel pipe reliably through the engineered design of the fittings and a battery-powered press tool. Not approved for use with potable water.
Features and Benefits
• Engineered with a 420 stainless steel grip ring plus a 304 stainless steel separator ring for sizes ½" to 2" and a PBT separator ring for sizes 2½" to 4"
• Approved for more applications than any other carbon steel pipe press fitting system
• Suitable for use with ASTM Schedule 5 to Schedule 40 carbon steel pipe in accordance with AHJ requirements
• Corrosion-resistant zinc nickel coating
• More than 200 different engineered fitting configurations for stainless 316
• Approved for underground applications, in accordance with code and local AHJ
•The same hanger and support requirements as threaded systems
• Viega Smart Connect technology provides installers added confidence in their ability to ensure secure connections