Viega MegaPress FKM is the first and only clean, secure and efficient choice for joining ½" to 4" carbon steel pipe with an FKM sealing element (formerly known as MegaPress XL for sizes 2½" to 4"). Meticulously engineered, it is suitable for renovations, repairs or installation on new carbon steel pipe systems. Viega MegaPress FKM can even be installed on noncombustible/flammable lines that are not completely shut down, eliminating the need to fully drain a system, and shortening repair and installation time. It is approved for use in hydronic heating, compressed air, fire protection, cooling water, marine applications and many more. Not approved for use with potable water.
Features and Benefits
• Engineered with a 420 stainless steel grip ring plus a 304 stainless steel separator ring for sizes ½" to 2" and a PBT separator ring for sizes 2½" to 4"
• Approved for more applications than any other carbon steel pipe press fitting system
• Suitable for use with ASTM Schedule 5 to Schedule 40 carbon steel pipe (can be used on higher schedule pipe but limited to maximum pressure listed)
• Corrosion-resistant zinc nickel coating
•Over 180 engineered fitting configurations from ½" to 4"
• Approved for underground applications, in accordance with code and local AHJ
•The same hanger and support requirements as threaded systems
• Viega Smart Connect technology provides installers added confidence in their ability to ensure secure connections
• UL and FM listed for fire-protection applications
•Not approved for use with Schedule 10½" to 1" pipe where UMC codes apply